ABOUT AWAC What We Cannot Do?
What We Cannot Do for You
- We do not conduct sessions or consultations by e-mail or on-line as, in this way, the risk of changing the content will be avoided and also the consultant can benefit from your explanations in person while assisting you with your paper, thus making it a more fruitful session. In addition, a consultation in person can help both parties in identifying areas for further development.
- The limit for each consultation time per person is 90-120 minutes unless otherwise decided by the consultant.
- AWAC Consultants are experts on academic writing in English language rather than subject specialists. Our role is NOT to evaluate the suitability of the content of the work developed by the Faculty. Where questions arise about task or content, we encourage you to seek clarification from the authority setting the task.
- Our aim is to assist you in improving the quality of the existing language and discourse in your texts and, therefore, improving the quality of the content as a whole. The decision to follow the advice of the Consultant shall ultimately remain with you.
- Papers are only editted in person and not on the computer. AWAC’s services - which do not include translations - are available only in English.
- Except for assistance and consultation on parts of theses and/or
dissertations for post-graduate, doctorate or other academic programmes -
works such as outlines, abstracts, or other sections considered decisive
by the author and/or consultant - the Academic Writing and Advisory Center
(AWAC) does not deal with productions of this nature in their entirety.
- No further appointments will be provided to the individuals who fail to show up without a prior notice.